Ever entered into an examination hall ill? you have all the right answers to the questions,you want to elaborate, illustrate, exemplify, ... but you just dont have the energy. Thats analogous to having the right software, that has passed every available benchmark, but is being run on poorly managed hardware.the following tips would keep your hardware happy with your software:
1. Keep a dust-free PC environment. dust particles that get into the system unit(what non computer proffessionals would call C.P.U) totally mess up the entire heating-cooling-heating-cooling .. cycle of the system unit's design.Dust is also unfriendly and clogs up most of our input/output devices.In addition to keeping the environment dust free, you should vaccum-clean(BLOW-OUT) your system unit say once a year.
2. Computer Hardware are brought to life by electrical power. They are therefore rated to function withing certain electrical supply limits.Make sure you check Power ratings of purchased hardware before connecting them to AC power supply especially when the device was shipped in from another country.This would save you some time, money(MORE IMPORTANTLY), and quite frankly, save the environment some oxides of carbon.
3. Install proper device drivers for your hardware. Device drivers are what translates the instructions you issue via your application software or operating system to a language the device can understand.using an improper device driver is like visiting China to deliver a speech and taking an Italian speaking translator along to help you translate your speech to your Chinese audience.
4. Keep a close eye on your hardware vendor for release of firmware and BIOS updates.firmware updates to hardware are what ervice packs are to the Operating system.
5. Be Vigilant. Notice changes in behaviour of your hardware such as humming noises, over-heating, changes in tone,brightness or contrast(in the case of display hardware).Alert a proper engineer when noticed (especially when these behaviour are accompanied by loss of performance or quality of computer output.
After all said and done, your computer harware is still driven by software. Follow the tips in my 12th of july article, combine thpse with these 5 and your computer usage would be stressfree not to mention predictable.